Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just a quick one

Hello all! Just a few things.

1st- after all the issues with getting a washing machine, then actually getting someone to come install it and get it out of my hallway, getting a new outlet (my apartment only has soviet style outlets, which don't work with many more modern
things...such as a tea kettle. or washing machine) after the installation guy jammed the old one, etc. , and then ALSO my landlord repeatedly saying he would get me an iron (leaving clothes out to dry makes them so wrinkly even I want an iron) so my boss kept telling me not to get one, THEN me realizing I never received my utility bill (and Danielle said she paid hers awhile ago, and that if you don't pay at the end of the month they turn all your utilities off), so then I discover that even though half of the mailboxes are busted open and broken off, mine is still in working order and my bill is in there. BUT I don't have the key to unlock it. So my boss yells at the landlord a million more times and I finally get a key and an iron! And now my tea kettle doesn't work...which was kind of my key to life. Oi vey!! I told my boss she was never going to believe what happened now, and she was like 'Your apartment is a nightmare!' hah. Also my fridge leaked one day, but I think that is done...I hope so, because I feel really bad complaining about everything, but they told me it's not my fault and that I should be mad at my landlord. Meh. Also I just deal with the high pitched noise that comes out of my tv after 15 minutes of watching also. If I turn it off and then back on it normally goes away...kheha.

2nd- Danielle got proposed to by her neighbor because he wants a visa to America..I guess he straight out said that. She came over and hid at my apartment for a few hours, and we ordered food from this Italian place right by my house. I am officially afraid, considering the amount of encounters I've already had after not even a month of being here, and now I know people will straight up propose even!! So don't feel hurt if you discover I'm married and you weren't invited to the wedding, it would just be to help out a fruit vendor guy with getting into America khehkh ;) Kind of like when I bought bananas yesterday, this old guy hears my accents and asks where I'm from, and then says in English 'I love you!'. It was pretty funny actually. If you ever get desperate for a husband, you have plenty of options here if you just speak English hah :D

Woah k this is not short. Sheesh. Anyway main point was here are some of my pictures from recently, the link to my album on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=266396&id=538760148&l=c34d6433e8
It should work even for those of you who I'm not friends with on there.

Well I need to quick eat something before my foundation class, talk to ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment