Well hello there and sorry it's been a bit...I wouldn't be surprised if anyone even checks this anymore. So where to begin... cold feet.
Yet another thing I had forgotten (that is past perfect tense by the way :D) about ex sov countries is the horror having cold feet can cause. I don't mean cold feet like I am too afraid to do anything, I mean like the possibility that my toesies are chilly. Such as when I was wearing flip flips BUT ALSO jeans and a jacket, this random guy getting into his car yelled to me with genuine concern, 'aren't you cold??'. I just stared at him, shocked. It wasn't even very cold honestly. But either way I don't understand how my being cold affects him. Also a girl in closed toe high heels, a skirt, and long sleeved shirt walked by, but ya know, she's ok...her toes are covered. I was stared at by many people that day, as in staring at my feet and then looking up at me in bewilderment. I wanted to yell 'Didn't you just see like every girl walking around here?!? At least I wear pants and a jacket!!'. But no. I was then scolded by a few teachers at my school, on of which was wearing a dress.... yup I don't get it.
So then last week or so I hear my doorbell, as I had recently learned what it sounded like out of my own curiosity- which was probably a good thing since it is like a soft tweeting bird noise... (I have this thing called a Domofone, which is the phone for the building, like a code you call the house and I can push a button and it unlocks the building door. I hear this all the time. Then people usually knock on your apartment door), and it is a woman whom I'm assuming is my neighbor, asking me to pay her 300tenge to clean the shared floor hallway thing near the stairs. Corridor? I don't know what to call it. I asked her to repeat herself, and she again says I need to pay her. I kinda don't care if it is clean, I mean it didn't look bad anyway, and would rather not pay for it using my prized 200 tenge bill and 100 tenge coins I never have (which are necessary for taxis who never have change), so I try stalling. 'You are cleaning it??' Bad idea. She starts angrily ranting, waving her arms around, getting in my face, and then muttering to herself 'it's only 300 tenge' before turning around to go back to her apartment. Not wanting my neighbor breaking in through my ghetto door and killing me in my sleep, I say 'ok ok one minute!' and go to my wallet, wondering if I'm getting scammed, but realizing if I am it's only 2 dollars. I take one step outside of my apartment (barefoot of course) and she stops me, and says 'ah! get inside your apartment!!' while wildly pointing at my feet. This coming from a woman who 2 minutes before looked ready to strangle me for not immediately handing over money to someone I don't even know. NOW she cares about my health!
Enough of that. I'm sure I'm skipping something, but this is far too long already. Maybe quick sum. Friday I get out of work at 930pm, and Danielle and I stopped by this bakery to be fat and get some little bite sized cakes to take home. I go home and am then called by girls who are the friends of Jessica, the girl who lived in Kaz before, and say they are going to this party and then to a club. Long story short, I end up befriending a few more cab guys and teaching them English phrases, getting deals on my cab ride fare, and meeting with these girls at the club. It was a pretty nice place, with enough people dancing and many people around the bar, so we get some drinks and dance and are quickly joined by a 50ish Italian man. We later discover there is a herd of them, with one probably 40ish British guy and one like 25 year oldish Italian guy. 25 year old Italian guy was fairly cute, but then he comes up to me and starts dancing. Oh my gosh. It was like ...I don't even know. Night at the Roxbury-ish dancing, but much sleazier. I made an observation that no one, including many girls, could really dance there actually..it was all quite awkward and sim-like with too large of motions. Anyway I start laughing and kinda scoot back over to my friend. Doesn't stop him from trying a few more times throughout the night, but sheesh. So he gives up on me and is kinda all over this other girl, and she is appreciating the attention. So I talk to the other Italians for a bit, they are still a little sleazy but not so bad, but I spend most of my time talking to the British guy who was possibly not even on the sleaze meter, and was just mostly interesting. Of course after my beer count started getting kinda high up there, I couldn't really understand him without concentrating really hard so then I figured it was probably time to go. I then realize I had been there a bit over 4 hours and it was approaching 4am! So I left with 2 of the girls and got home and was on a 'I want pizza delivered' rampage..but of course no one is open at 5am. I end up eating a large portion of my loaf of bread.
I wake up the next day and go on a (not kidding) 7 hour trek to find boots. At like 1pm though ha :D. I get home and shower and not having eaten was starving, so I decide to fix this pizza craving from yesterday. So I order Pizza Hut. Yeah, hush, I'm such an American I know. That other pizza was crap though! I order a medium stuffed crust Hawaiian pizza (ahhh sounds so good again) and am told (in English)it will be here in "1 to 1.2 hours!" 1.2 hours.. really? Hahah. I decided he probably meant 1 and a half. Anyway I am watching tv and whatever and realize it has been over an hour and a half, so I call and ask what's going on cuz I'm about to make some other food if it's not coming. So they say they only had one driver and he was in a car accident (this guy speaks English too) and the other driver will be at my house in 20 mins. So I wait, and half an hour later I get a call from the driver saying he can't find my house. I try to explain to him, but really how do you describe 'the tall dark apartment building behind the tall dark apartment building next to the tall dark apartment building...' jk I was a little more useful than that but not much, and he says he will call again if he can't find it by asking around. So 30 minutes later my domofone rings and it's him. He gets to my door looking exasperated, although it may have been from the 5 flights of stairs too, and apologizing about the other driver. I ask if the crash was bad, tell him it's ok I don't mind, and open my pizza. It looks beautiful, but is fairly cold. LOVELY almost 2 hours late and cold,and I have no microwave or working oven! I ate like 2 pieces and just put it in the fridge to make it proper cold pizza to have for breakfast the next day. I could tell though, if it was warm that pizza would have been god.
Well I think that is enough, I need to shower since I went running again. Yup that's right, I made a pact with myself to start running 3 times a week (just to start anyway). Who knows why. I fear for how long this will last once it starts snowing, which some days seems like a nearby possibility. Anyway see ya!
hahah *running! Ya wheezy!
ReplyDelete